I love plums. I’ll eat them just about any way, but I find that this quick little treat is one of the best.
¼ cup plus ½ TBLSP granulated sugar, divided
2 TBLSP vegan butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
Pinch baking powder
Sprinkle of ground ginger
1 TBLSP non-dairy plain or vanilla yogurt (I use soy, but use whatever you like)
1-2 small plums, quartered and pitted
½ teaspoon lemon juice
Sprinkle of ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 4- or 5-inch cake pan.
- In a small bowl, cream the sugar and butter until they’re fluffy.
- Add the flour baking powder, and ginger, and incorporate them well.
- Add the yogurt and mix it all together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, smoothing the top. Arrange the plums pleasantly on the top, skin side up.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on the plums, just enough to get their surfaces shiny and wet, and then sprinkle the cinnamon and the ½ TBLSP of sugar onto it.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool on a rack.