1 clove garlic
1 cup fresh spinach, packed firmly
2 TBLSP vegan mayonnaise
2 TBLSP vegan sour cream
1 slice of lemon or lime, juiced (you want the juice)
1 green onion, diced finely
1 TBLSP shredded carrot (about an inch and a half, depending on the girth of the carrot)
2 teaspoons diced fresh parsley
Pinch of celery salt
Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast peeled garlic in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes, turning once.
- Steam spinach in a small saucepan for about 5 minutes, until wilted. Strain and press as much of the water out as you can. Don’t burn yourself! (I use a strainer and a fork.)
- Chop the spinach. I just do it on the cutting board for this small amount, but you could use a Cuisinart if you have one of those small ones. You might be able to squeeze some more water out of it once it’s chopped, too.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, green onion, carrot, and parsley, and then stir in the chopped spinach.
- Season with celery salt, salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least an hour before devouring with your favorite dipping device!
Good with crudités, bread, or chips!