These little minxes will be gone before you can say “ooooh, yummie!” Just in case, the recipe doubles well.
Makes 4 or 5 balls.
½ cup almond flour (I used rice flour and it was just fine)
2 TBLSP coconut flour
Pinch of salt
2 TBLSP maple syrup (or agave nectar)
4 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon lemon extract
½ teaspoon vanilla extract (or all vanilla if you can’t find lemon extract)
3 TBLSP coconut oil, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the flours and salt.
- In another small bowl, combine the maple syrup, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until well combined. Add the melted coconut oil, and blend it in well.
- One spoonful at a time (about a generous tablespoon), roll the dough in the palms of your hands into a ball.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Roll the finished balls in shredded coconut flakes, granulated sugar, almond flour, cocoa, or powdered sugar. (This variety is shown in the photo.)
- Flatten the balls into cookies and run them in the dehydrator or oven at the lowest setting (110 degrees Fahrenheit) for about an hour.