1 serving of linguini noodles (you be the judge of how many that is)
1.5 TBLSP olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 TBLSP flour (all purpose)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup vermouth, vodka, or gin
1 TBLSP fresh parsley, finely minced
1.5 TBLSP vegan butter
1. Boil water for noodles. When the noodles are in and about half-way cooked, begin the sauce.
2. In a saucepan, heat olive oil and crushed garlic on medium heat. (If you go too fast, the garlic will burn while you’re trying to fish it out.) When the oil begins to smell garlicky but before the garlic begins to brown, take it off the heat and pull out the garlic. You now have garlic-infused oil.
3. Put it back on the heat and add flour and minced garlic to make a roux. Don’t let it brown.
4. Add vermouth (or vodka or gin) and parsley, and heat through, until garlic just begins to soften, perhaps a minute. The alcohol should evaporate in this time, if your heat is low enough that you can boil it off without overcooking the garlic.
5. Take it off the heat and add the butter in small chunks, and stir until well blended. Toss the noodles in with a small amount of the noodle water, and stir until the sauce is completely blended.