This unctuous sauce can make anything seem like a fancy meal, and yet it whips up in mere minutes. If you can cook noodles (or make them out of vegetables with a spiral cutter), and run the blender, you can manage this recipe, so it’s a good one for when you’re tired.
1 serving pasta (I like linguini, but you could certainly use zucchini noodles)
½ large avocado, flesh only
1 clove garlic, peeled
¼ teaspoon lemon zest
Juice from a thick slice of lemon
1 TBLSP olive oil
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
Salt, to taste
Pepper to taste
Diced red onion
Reconstituted wakame (sea weed)
Faux sour cream
- Put the water on to boil for the pasta. Or, if you’re using zucchini (or other veggie) noodles, make them first.
- Put the avocado, garlic, zest, lemon juice, olive oil, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor, and whirl until it’s smooth
- Cook the pasta and drain it. If you want a cold salad, run the noodles under cold water.
- Place the drained pasta in a serving dish and blop the avocado sauce on it. Stir to combine.
- Top with interesting bits. I like reconstituted wakame (sea weed), diced green onions, and nuts.
- Try it as a salad dressing.
- Smear it on a sandwich.
- Put it inside a vegan omelet.
- Add a little grated horseradish or wasabi and dip vegan sushi into it.