1 TBSP granulated sugar
2 tsp canola oil
¼ tsp corn syrup
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp flax seeds
½ tsp chocolate chips, melted
2 TBSP flour
½ tsp cocoa powder
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of salt
½ TBSP almond milk (as needed)
Powdered sugar and granulated sugar to roll, about a half TBSP each.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place a small amount of parchment paper or aluminum foil on a baking sheet.
1. Combine sugar and oil in a small mixing bowl. (Use a cereal bowl. If the bowl is too big, you’ll be chasing the ingredients around.)
2. Add in the corn syrup, vanilla extract, and flax seeds.
3. Add the melted chocolate chips, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
4. Mix in the milk, if necessary for moisture.
5. Pat the dough into two balls. Roll each ball of dough first in granulated and then in powdered sugar. Place the cookies on parchment paper.
6. Bake for 12-16 minutes or until slightly stiff on top. There will be bubbling innards.
7. Let them cool on the baking sheet or they will crumble. They will be very moist and soft cookies about 2” across.
Makes two cookies.