Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Fig Linguini for One

I admit it. I'm a figophile. Even thought this recipe easily makes enough for two, I usually gobble the whole thing up myself. I mean, it's figs! 

     ½ small onion, chopped smallish
     1-4 ounces of linguini noodles
     ½ TBLSP of vegan butter or olive oil
     8 large figs, cut into bite-sized chunks (quartered and then cut in half cross-wise)
     1/2 cup or so of dry white wine
     1/2 cup of nondairy milk (I use almond milk)
     Grated cheese, for topping (asiago would be good, but I use nondairy mozzarella)
     Freshly cracked black pepper to taste.

1. Put the water on to boil linguini noodles. Toss the noodles into the boiling water when the onions are ready.
2. In a large skillet, add onion and the butter or oil and sauté until the onions are about half-way finished. They should be starting to soften but not actually limp yet
3. Add figs. Sauté until the figs are thinking about losing their shape but haven’t actually begun to relax.
4. Add the wine and reduce until the alcohol smell fades and there is only a little liquid in the pan.
5. Add the nondairy milk and reduce until saucy.
6. Add the cooked linguini to the pan when both are ready.
7. Top serving with grated cheese, if desired, and a little cracked pepper.


This makes a huge portion. I eat it all, but you might want to share or save some for tomorrow. 






No comments:

Post a Comment