Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fig and Chia Seed Pudding for One





Today is Day 4 of my Fig Obsessive publications. The more I eat figs, the more I adore them. I adore them the way cat ladies adore their kitties--well, um, except I eat them. I stare at them, watch the little beauties until I know what I want to do with them, and then I gulp them all down!

Today's recipe makes me think of that Ogden Nash poem "Are You a Snodgrass." You make it and tell me if it doesn't remind you of it too...

1/2 cup almond milk
2 TBLSP chia seeds
2 fresh figs, chopped
½ teaspoon orange, lemon, or lime zest
1 ½ TBLSP maple syrup, plus extra for garnish
1 TBLSP walnuts, chopped (for garnish)
1 fig, quartered lengthwise (for garnish)

  1. In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, chia seeds, zest, and maple syrup. Let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
  2. Add the chopped figs and stir it up again.
  3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight, until it’s thick and like a chunky pudding.
  4. When ready to serve, give it a good stir and then garnish with a quartered fig, the walnuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup.


      This might be a bit sweet for breakfast (I’m more of a savory breakfast person), so try it for post-rehearsal, movie night, or just when you deserve a little dessert.

      Oh, and I'm a swozzler, although there were no swozzling opportunities in this meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment