This spicy little cookie is naughty and nice, sugar and spice. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s oh, so good! In fact, I’m pretty sure that if there were a dozen of these, I wouldn’t share them.
Makes 3 cookies
¼ cup all-purpose flour
Pinch baking soda
Pinch baking powder
Several shakes of cinnamon
Several shakes of nutmeg
A shake or two of ground ginger
Pinch of salt
1 TBLSP vegan butter
2 TBLSP granulated sugar
½ TBLSP canola oil
½ TBLSP molasses
1 TBLSP granulated sugar for rolling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In another small bowl, combine the butter and sugar until it’s fluffy. Add the oil and molasses and stir until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine, but don’t over-blend.
- Put the rolling sugar in a small bowl. I use one meant for wasabi.
- Roll about 1/3 of the dough into a small ball and roll it in the sugar. Place it on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until the edges begin to firm up.
Let them cool in the pan or they will crumble into a thousand sugary bits.