Everyone like peanut butter and bananas, and everyone like pancakes. So rush into the kitchen right now to make these and start your day with a happy dance!
1 teaspoon flax seed meal
1 1.2 teaspoon water
½ banana, mashed
4 teaspoons (or a loaded TBLSP) of faux cream cheese
A splash of vanilla extract
½ TBLSP (or 1 ½ teaspoons) of peanut butter
1 TBLSP almond flour (you could also use oat or coconut flour)
½ TBLSP whole wheat flour (you could use all whole wheat, all oat, or some other kind of flour and they’ll still be yummy. Even gluten-free!)
A heavy sprinkle of ground cinnamon
A pinch of baking powder
- Combine the flax seed meal and water in a small bowl. Set it aside to become a gooey mess.
- In another bowl, stir together the mashed banana, cream cheese, vanilla, and peanut butter. It may take some effort. Then add the flours, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add in the glop that your flax seed meal has become and stir until it’s well mixed.
- Scoop half the batter into a greased and hot pan. Let it cook for about 4 minutes, until bubbles have popped all over the top. These may take a little longer than you expect because they’re quite thick. Then flip it and cook the other side, until golden brown, about another 2 minutes. Repeat with the other half of the batter.
Serve warm with extra peanut butter, sliced banana, and maple syrup.
- You could toss in a handful of chocolate chips or raisins. Or peanuts! Go crazy! Candied ginger is nice too!
- You could top them with jam or a variety of fruits.
- You could drizzle chocolate sauce over them instead of syrup.
- You could use agave nectar instead of syrup.