This quick stir-fry takes advantage of things you probably have in your refrigerator right now. It’s earthy, it’s filling, it’s quick, and it’s oh, so yummy!
½ large sweet potato, cut into ½-inch cubes
Slosh of olive oil
¼ cup large dice green cabbage
2 slices yellow onion, diced
2 mushrooms, halved and sliced thinly
1 clove garlic, diced small
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Slosh tamari or soy sauce
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
¼ cup cubed baked tofu
- Stir-fry the sweet potato in the oil for about 5 minutes, until it starts to soften.
- Add in the cabbage and continue stir-frying for another 5 minutes until the cabbage is a bit wilted and the sweet potato is nearly soft.
- Add in the onion and mushrooms, and keep right on stir-frying until the onions are a bit transparent.
- Now, toss in the garlic, rosemary, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, and pepper and keep right on stir-frying until the garlic disappears a bit.
- Add in the tofu, and fry until the tofu is warmed through.
Serve over toast for breakfast, on its own for lunch, or over rice for dinner.