This is a simple English-style breakfast. You may not have had it, but once you try it, it will become a regular item. It’s fast, it’s filling, and it’s yummy!
1 slice of homemade bread (or store-bought, if that’s all you’ve got), toasted
2 TBLSP vegan cream cheese
4 TBLSP cooked beans (canned is fine. I like cannellini beans, but any will do)
1 green onion, chopped, greens and all
1/3 ripe avocado, sliced
2 TBLSP vegan cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the bread slice onto a tray, plate, or baking pan that can go under the broiler.
- Slather the cream cheese on it (the bread, silly, not the pan).
- Pile the beans on top of the toast in such a way that it’s spread nicely to the edges.
- Sprinkle the green onion on top of that and spread out the avocado in yet another layer.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the whole mishegas and festoon with salt and pepper.
- Put it under the broiler for 5 minutes (you’ll want to watch closely to keep it from burning).
Slice it into two pieces if you want to pick it up to eat it, or use a knife and fork as if you were a civilized person.