This little darling is more of a cake than a cookie, but it’s bite-sized, tangy, and quick, so I compromised and called it a blondie.
For the Blondie:
1 TBLSP non-dairy butter
2 TBLSP granulated sugar
Pinch of lemon zest
2 TBLSP all-purpose flour (gluten-free flours, like brown rice or chickpea work fine too)
Pinch baking powder
½ TBLSP lemon juice
For the Glaze:
2 TBLSP confectioner’s sugar
¾ teaspoon lemon juice.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a single-serving loaf pan with parchment.
Make the Blondie:
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and zest until it’s smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and lemon juice, stirring with a whisk or a fork. There should be NO lumps! None! Get them all!
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
You’ll want to glaze this little beauty while it’s still hot.
Make the Glaze:
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and lemon juice with a whisk. Keep going until it’s very smooth. You might need to adjust the juice or the sugar to get it so that it pours slowly.
- Drizzle evenly on top of the warm blondies.
- Let cool to room temperature, and then put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so.
Slice into two or three blondies, if you like. Or just eat it as it comes.