This simple little recipe is surprisingly nutritious. And, it’s mousse! You can eat it as is, amend it as I’ve noted below, or—my personal favorite—load up a pie shell with it. It’s like fudge on a spoon!
1/2 ripe avocado
2 TBLSP cocoa powder
2 TBLSP agave nectar
2 TBLSP almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and whale away at it until it’s smooth and unctuous.
- Put it into a serving bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Toss in a dribble of mint extract for chocolate mint mousse.
- Add some chocolate nibs for some serious crunch.
- After it’s finished in the blender, stir in some puffed rice cereal for a little crunch. You have to eat this one soon, though, or the puffed rice gets soggy.