Fruit comes in so many different sizes, shapes, and colors, you can really keep yourself entertained endlessly by experimenting with the various offerings in the produce department.
1 banana, sliced into bite-sized pieces
1 tangerine, peeled and segmented
½ orange, peeled and segmented
½ apple, sliced into bite-sized pieces
½ pear, sliced into bite-sized pieces
2 strawberries, sliced
1 TBLSP raisins
2 TBLSP non-dairy yogurt (I like soy)
2 shakes cinnamon
½ teaspoon maple syrup or agave nectar
- In another small bowl, combine the yogurt, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- Dump the yogurt dressing over the prepared fruit and give it a good stir.
- Use whatever seasonal fruit you can get your hands on, like grapes, pineapple, kiwis, and figs.
- Add nuts. I like the complex flavor that toasted almonds offer, but pretty much any nut—even a salted nut—is pretty good.
- Put the yummy salad into a bowl of shredded lettuce.
- Put the yummy salad into a pie crust and give it a bake.