Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2015

Japanese Carrot and Ginger Salad Dressing for One



I’ve never been much of a fan of iceberg lettuce unless you put it underneath that fabulous Japanese salad dressing. So when a neighbor gave me a big sack of already chopped salad that was mostly iceberg, I had to play with my food.

¼ large carrot, peeled and chopped
¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
½ TBLSP ground ginger
½ TBLSP soy sauce
½ TBLSP granulated sugar
  1. In a food processor or blender, combine carrot, mayonnaise, ginger, soy sauce, and sugar.
  2. Blend until it’s fairly smooth. I like a few chunks, but you do it how you like it.

Serve on a mostly iceberg lettuce salad with cabbage, carrot, and green onion for a restaurant-style salad.

This recipe could easily double or triple if you're not dining alone. 

I like this elegant dressing and salad with a roll of avocado sushi and some miso soup, but it would certainly be nice on a more elaborate salad and served as a main course. Like this:

Variations:
  • Use ½ inch or so of freshly grated ginger instead of ground.
  • Sprinkle in a few grains (and I mean just a few grains) of wasabi powder. It will mix with the sugar and be SUPER hot, so really: Go easy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment