This quick bread will make your head explode with happiness. It’s fast, it’s made from ordinary things, and it tastes spectacular. Try it!
½ cup grated zucchini
½ ripe banana (about 2 or 3 inches), mashed
2 ½ TBLSP applesauce
2 ½ TBLSP brown sugar
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Squeeze of lemon juice
Slosh of vanilla extract
½ cup all-purpose flour
Pinch baking soda
Pinch baking powder
Shake ground cinnamon
Shake ground cloves
Pinch granulated sugar for topping
Pinch cinnamon for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line 4 muffin cups with paper liners
- In a small bowl, combine zucchini, banana, applesauce, brown sugar, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- In another small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves.
- Add flour mixture to zucchini, and stir until just barely combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups about ¾ full.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Serve naked and fabulous, or top with a little vegan cream cheese or a blop of your favorite jam.
- This recipe makes four muffins, so why not spoon two of them into muffin tins just as they are, and then add 1 TBLSP raisins and 1 TBLSP walnut pieces to the remaining half.
- Try it with a small handful of chocolate chips for a sweeter offering.
- Use brown sugar instead of the cinnamon and sugar topping for a crispier crust.