Search This Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Banana-Bread Waffle for One



I love my waffle iron. I flatten tofu in it, I make grilled cheese sandwiches on the flat side of the plate, and, of course, I make waffles. And I love to smother waffles in seasonal fruit. Don’t you? This little treat tastes just like banana bread. From the waffle iron. Yay! 

½ ripe banana, mashed
6 ½ TBLSP non-dairy milk
2 teaspoons coconut oil
A splash of vanilla extract
2 ½ TBLSP all-purpose flour
1 ½ TBLSP whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
Dash of salt
Two dashes of cinnamon

Preheat waffle iron and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
  1. In a small bowl, combine bananas, milk, oil, and vanilla. 
  2. Add the dry ingredients and mix until lump-free.
  3. Drop the batter onto the hot waffle iron, spreading it out if necessary, and close the iron. When the light comes back on, check it carefully for doneness and pull it out when the waffle is golden brown.

Serve with walnuts and sliced banana (you have the other half of the one you mashed), and agave nectar or maple syrup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment