This little treat makes me think of winter and holidays, and a warm cup of something by the fireside. It makes the house smell like a party, though, so be prepared to do the happy dance.
4 TBLSP all-purpose flour
Pinch baking powder
Pinch baking soda
½ teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch ground cinnamon
½ TBLSP unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ TBLSP chocolate chips
1 ½ TBLSP chopped walnuts
½ TBLSP canola oil
4 teaspoons dark molasses
4 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Big pinch of freshly grated ginger
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a ramekin.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cocoa powder.
- Add in the chocolate chips and walnuts and give it a stir.
- Now add in the oil, molasses, water, sugar, and ginger, and stir until completely combined.
- Put the very sticky dough into the ramekin, pushing it into all the corners. You might need to wet your fingers slightly to get the top smooth and to really push the dough into the ramekin and have it stay there.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before pulling it out of the ramekin and devouring.