Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Banana Cake for One



I love bananas, and I always have. When I was a kid, my mom always made me banana cakes for my birthday, but I thought why wait for once a year? This is a perq of being a grown-up. You can eat cake whenever you want to.

½ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch salt
A shake or two of nutmeg
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 TBLSP canola oil
1 ripe banana, smashed
1 TBLSP water
Slosh of vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 4- or 5-inch baking pan. I often use a single-serving casserole to great success.
  1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
  2. In another small bowl, whisk the sugar and the oil together, and then add the banana. Add the water and vanilla to this sloppiness and stir to combine.
  3. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, just barely combining it all.
  4. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Let it cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack, and then remove from the pan to cool the rest of the way.

Variations:
  • Toss some raisins, walnuts, or chocolate chips in there. Or go nuts and toss in all three. About a TBLSP of each would do it.
  • Frost with cream cheese-based frosting (2 TBLSP vegan cream cheese, 4 teaspoons vegan butter, approx. 10 TBLSP powdered sugar, slosh of vanilla), as seen in these photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment