I make this tasty bowl-full all the time. It’s easy, fast, and uses just about all the leftovers in the fridge, and best of all, it tastes great!
1 large handful noodles (I like corn and quinoa—gluten-free—penne, but anything will do)
1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
5 stalks asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
5 slices zucchini, cut into sixths
½ carrot, diced
5 slices cucumber, diced
1 green onion, diced
1 ½ TBLSP vegan mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
1 ½ teaspoon pickle relish, or 2 slices of pickle, diced
1 TBLSP lemon juice, pickle juice. or rice vinegar
Pinch dried parsley
Pinch dried basil
Pinch of garlic powder
Pinch of salt (if you’ve used pickle juice, it’s salty, so taste first!)
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Pignolia or other nut
- Get the water boiling and toss the noodles in when it’s ready. Follow the manufacturer’s direction, and don’t overcook them. Drain and put into a bowl.
- In another pan, get the broccoli florets, asparagus pieces, and zucchini bits boiling. Don’t overcook these either! Drain, and plop them into the same bowl as the noodles.
- Add the diced carrot, cucumber, and green onion to the bowl with the noodles and cooked veggies.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, relish/pickle, lemon juice, and the dried herbs and spices.
- Combine the dressing that you just made with the noodles and mix them gently. Top with the seeds or nuts.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then devour, or take it on a picnic, for a fun time.