You haven’t lived until you’ve had blueberries and corn fried up together with a little batter. Okay, maybe you’ve lived, but you haven’t lived WELL. This isn’t a pretty dish, but it sure is delish.
¼ cup all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
2/3 teaspoon baking powder
3 TBLSP water
Sprinkle of cinnamon
¼ cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
2-3 TBLSP fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add enough water to make a smooth but thick paste. It will be kind of clingy.
- Stir in the corn and blueberries until just barely mixed in.
- Put enough canola oil into the bottom of a frying pan to completely cover the pan’s surface. Heat it up, and then drop heavy spoonfuls of the batter into it. When the little beauties begin to crisp up on the underside, flip them over and fry until just golden on the other side.
- Serve with maples syrup, agave nectar, jam, vegan cream cheese, or just eat them right out of the pan.
- This could easily be made savory by leaving out the cinnamon and blueberries, and adding green onions, cumin, maybe olives or Unbacon bits.